Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Chill with the iphones fam...

Chill with the iPhones fam...



First allow me to disclose the fact that I’m typing this blog from an iphone. I’ve been an Apple user since my blackberry died a few years back and had it not been for it’s untimely death….I’d still be using it. I don’t care what you consider "uncool". Because guess what? Your “cool” ass isn’t paying my cell phone bill (side note: blackberry messenger was the greatest curve tool in the world….. "Naw you cant have my number but here is my BBM").  The older I get the more I realize the validity in my mother’s rants about  the desires of my youthful days (except for my boxed Chevy Caprice, I needed that car...outkast albums didn't sound the same in my Mitsubishi). Apple gets us every other year, millions run out to buy the new iPhones ditching their "old" devices just to sign up for a new contract they have to spend the next couple years paying off  ( or most of your parents have to pay). Listen to me when I say this, knock that shit off man. Lets be honest here, do you need a new phone? Like seriously? The new iPhone may have one or two upgrades but you can surely  get  by with updated software. And guess what? Your phone will continue to be just as dry as your old iPhone. Having the latest phone does not increase the amount of times your crush calls you.  It does nothing new for you except give a few IG likes when you post a picture of the box following the purchase.  At this point in your life you should be concerning yourself with buying Apple stock or designing something an app you can benefit from iPhone purchasing craze. I don’t know what that product is but I’m sure with enough time you could come up with something. There are things in life that we will unfortunately have to be consumers on and there’s no way around it. But what we can control is how often we buy those things.  As I mentioned previously I have an iphone and if I didn't need to be connected to the web for my job, I’d chuck this thing for a cricket phone . I don’t need face time, they have computers for that and at this stage of life I don’t want anyone interrupting my Netflix binge marathons or dinner so a cricket phone would be perfect. My point is it’s time for you to stop chasing apple products causing you to faulter in other areas. Focus on getting your student loans paid off or add to your emergency savings account. Because it doesn’t matter how new and cool that phone is, it’s not going to benefit you one bit if you don't have an apartment to plug it into to charge. And fellas the ladies will love you and your cool iPhone until they realize you're texting them from the comfort of your parents basement....


Do better folks. I love you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment